About Frank Rumoro
- Chicago pro since 1970 as guitarist, vocalist, arranger, producer, musical director, as well as talent agent for own entertainment company
- Performed in live concert, studio, stage pit bands, teaching–private & clinics.
Teacher, Jazz Guitar, DePaul University
Teacher, Jazz Guitar & Theory & Harmony. Rumoro Jazz Guitar Academy
1975 - Present. Head teacher & developed program/method used.
Teacher, Jazz Guitar, Theory & Harmony, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle Campus.
1996 - Present.
- As freelance guitarist/vocalist/producer/arranger/musical director: Has performed on many national ads such as McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Budweiser, Coke, Pepsi, Chicago White Sox and many others. Pit band member for shows such as Hair, Godspell, Joseph, Phantom, and others. Produced, appeared or recorded with such stars as Frank Sinatra, Quincy Jones, Wayne Newton, Nancy Wilson, Donna Sommer, The Staple Singers, Andre Crouch, Angela Bofill, Carlos Santana, Deep Purple, Ray Charles and many others.
- DePaul University, Chicago, Arranging & Composition.
- Berklee School of Music, Boston, Arranging for small band with Quincy Jones.
- Chicago Conservatory of Music, Chicago. Honorary Masters in Music Education
- Studied with Richard Pick, Classical Guitar. Joseph L. Rumoro, Jazz Guitar/Harmony.
- Joe Pass, Jazz Guitar Improvisation.
- Two Grammy nominations for studio production work, 1995 &1997.